Dear Sports Santa,
- All I want for Christmas is Alabama fan tears. I don’t care why it happens or when it happens but Alabama needs to go down. Preferably beat down. They do not deserve the number four spot in the College Playoff with that cupcake schedule they had this season. Losing by double digits to the ONLY Top-10 team they played on top of not even winning their division. Give em’ hell Clemson. For championship weekend only, Go Tigers.
- All I need for Christmas is a Steph Curry 50-burger on Christmas Day! Preferably shooting %100 from the 3-pt line with a couple snatch-back FILLEEETTTSSSS!!! That lead to at least three or four sweet jelly layups. A shoulder shimmy or two wouldn’t hurt either.
Dear Sports Santa,
- All I want for Christmas is for Lonzo Ball to be good. Lonzo has received too much criticism thus far in his first 20 games as an NBA rookie, mostly due to his father’s incessant gloating about how well his son is and how he’ll be better than Magic Johnson. This has caused many to have a distasteful view of Lonzo even though the young player hasn’t gassed himself up at all. His play thus far has been lackluster at best; and while he’s shown flashes of greatness (such as setting the record for being the youngest player ever to record a triple-double), his stats, both basic and advanced metrics, show him being at the bottom of the barrel compared to the rest of the league. As a Lakers fan, obviously I want to see Lonzo succeed. Do I think he’s going to be the next Magic Johnson? No. I don’t even think he’ll be a top 30 all time player. But I do fully believe that Lonzo has the tools to be an all-star level player in his career, or at least GOOD at the very minimum. That’s all I ask for.
- The Eagles to win the Super Bowl
Having been an Eagles fan since the mid-2000s, I’ve seen Philly get close to winning it all with Donovan McNabb until they lost to New England back in 2005. With a 10-2 record this season, the Eagles currently sit at the top of the league. And with the way NFL playoffs work, where you only get one shot, not a series, it’s literally it’s anybody’s game. With that being said, there’s no guarantee they’ll make the Super Bowl (just like how the Cowboys held the best record in the regular season last year and couldn’t even make it past the first round). However, I think Philly has a good chance of going all the way. Them winning their first Super Bowl ever would more than make up for my Lakers barely scraping up a 30-win season this year. An Eagles ring would be greatly appreciated, and there is nothing I want more.
Dear Sports Santa,
- All I want for Christmas is for the Los Angeles Rams to make the NFC Championship game. We St. Louis natives are still bitter at the Rams choosing to leave us behind because we would not use our tax dollars to support mediocrity. (What fan base do you take us for? The Browns?) Anyways, as much disdain as we have for their departure, we still find it hard not to root for them. Especially with the move being so recent. Super Bowl? Eh. I don’t know, but a Conference Championship appearance isn’t too much to ask for. Is it?
- All I want for Christmas is for Russell Westbrook to Make the NBA Finals. I know it’s a stretch and the three stars (George, Melo, and Westbrook) still haven’t gelled yet but I believe they have a chance to upset the Warriors. The Warriors are Like the Patriots of the NBA and quite frankly I’m tired of seeing them in it. Especially with the massive tilting of power balance due to burner Twitter account Durant. Honestly, what I really want is for someone to hand Durant this ‘L’. But given the talent surrounding him, it looks like a tall order. Guess that’s why they call it a wish list.
Share Your Thoughts